MEMBRANE FILTER PRESS SYSTEMS PKF
There are more than 1,000 of our Putsch® PKF high capacity filters in service worldwide. For more than 25 years, the continually improved PKF Series has been the industry standard in many processing industries.
The main areas of operation of the Putsch® PKF, in the sugar industry, are the following:
In sugar mills:
- In combination with existing rotary filters or replacing them, recovering a minimum of 50% of the saccharose that would normally be discarded with the filter cake, and giving as final product an almost dry discharge, easy to dispose of and friendly to the environment.
- For fine filtration of massecuite and syrup, using a minimum amount of filter-aid.
- Un-sweetened of muds coming from the clarifier.
- Fine filtration of syrups treated with activated carbon for discoloration.
- For the filtering and un-sweetened of waste coming from other filtration systems, obtaining dry discharges.
- Fully automatic operation.
- High content of dry substance in the final cake (greater than 75%, depending on the application).
- Cake almost odorless and without ecological problems.
- Sugar residues in the cake extremely low.
- High capacity due to short cycles.
- Low water consumption.
- Low consumption of compressed air.
- Specially developed for the sugar industry.
- Control easily adaptable to different products to filter.
- Simple operation.
- Optional system of high pressure automatic washing.