MOLASSES/MASSECUITE MINGLER (MAGMA MINGLER)
The BMA massecuite mixer permits optimum mixing of heated molasses and cooled massecuite. The maximum quantity of heated molasses to be added is 10 % on massecuite. Reducing the crystal content and raising the product temperature diminishes the viscosity of the massecuite, subject to requirements, by up to 1/5 of the original figure. In addition, the molasses serves as a lubricant.
The BMA massecuite mixer produces easy-to-centrifuge massecuite and replaces other re-heating equipment of the GreenSmith type which quite often operated inefficiently and at rather high costs. The mixer is installed vertically or horizontally in line between the final cooling crystallizer and the centrifugal station. The mixer consists of a tube with flanges at inlet and outlet. Inside the tube is a stirrer with special blades welded to the shaft. The stirrer is driven by an AC gear motor.
Features and advantages:
Due to the high massecuite viscosity, molasses and massecuite do not mix easily; however, studies revealed that the BMA molasses / massecuite mixer provides excellent mixing efficiency.
- Higher sugar yield and higher dry substances as the massecuite can be cooled to a lower temperature.
- Better centrifugation.
- Viscosity of the massecuite can be adjusted by setting the temperature and the quantity of recirculated molasses.
- Horizontal or vertical installation.
- Small floor space required.
- Low maintenance requirements.
- Low capital cost compared to other systems.
- Stirrer: Stainless steel.
- Mixing tube: mild steel, stainless steel optionally available.
- Seal: DN 200 / DN250. stuffing box. Mechanical seal optional; DN350 / DN500 (mechanical seal).
Diameter of mixing tube: